Baa Baa Black Sheep

I've started researching sheep, this is something I want to consider in the next 1-2 years.  From what I can gather we have plenty of room to support a small flock, I'm really only interested in having 2.  These are the ones I like best so far, Babydoll Southdowns.  They are a bit on the expensive side and if I do want them in a couple of years I'll probably have to start looking very soon in order to be placed on a list, so we'll see.


They'd make great natural lawnmowers and possibly a source of home-made sheep's cheese although to be honest, I'm pretty sure I don't want to deal with breeding and all of that.  Anyway, as I mentioned, this is all research for the future.  We still need to get our chicken coop built and stocked and worry about them first!  There are a few chicken breeds that look interesting, I'll write about them as soon as we've made some decisions!
2 Responses
  1. Dr Zibbs Says:

    You have to get some goats too!


  2. Gage1 Says:

    but you know...goats are troublemakers!!


Something to Say?