Worms on the Run

We were starting the worms inside and all seemed to be going well but turns out the Red Wigglers should probably be called Red Runners...as they can and will escape even though the result is certain death by dehydration.


Those damn things can get pretty far!  We've revised their bins (added a new layer of peat on top) and this seems to have resolved the fugitives problem and the composting continues.

Will finish making roasted tomato soup tonight, LOTS of tomatoes to use up (and they aren't even our own but a friend's!)  Next year I plan to have a ton of my own vegetables.



It's starting to get cooler so I was happy to wake up to nicer temps this morning, I dread the winter months in many ways as I hate being cold.


Must remember to gather up the garlic chives, will use some fresh, probably in the soup and then dry the rest.
0 Responses

Something to Say?